In fulfilling its mission to generate statistical and analytical products to inform sound policy and practical decision making the West Virginia SAC is involved with several key initiatives. These initiatives involve efforts to enhance or promote the use of evidence-based practices, performance measurement, and the sharing of information and data.
Statewide Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices (EBP)
Contact: Natalie Mills or Jessica Napier
- Level of Service/Case Management Inventory (LS/CMI)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Training, Quality Assurance, and Policy Development
Promoting Performance Measures and Improved Grant Management
Contact: Erica Turley
- First statewide conference, "Enhancing Justice Administration through Improved Performance Measurements," was held on September 25-26, 2012. This conference was designed to enhance the knowledge level of justice-related professionals on performance measures and effective grant management/administration.
- As a unit of the SAA, the ORSP maintains "liaison" partnerships with various groups including: VOCA, VAWA, State Advisory Group, Juvenile Accountability Grant managers, Community Correction grant managers and boards, WV Sexual Assault Response Technical Team (WVSARTT) statewide committee and the SANE Advisory Board. For more information regarding these collaborative partnerships, please see the staff listing page for contact information.
Enhancing Information and Data Sharing
Contact: Erica Turley
- Project IDA (The WVSAC's Interactive Data Analysis Tool) - Phase III of Project IDA is now live making community corrections data available at the client and intervention level. Data are available for clients released between 2008 and 2011. The DOC section has also been updated to include data for 2010 and 2011. The WVIBRS section includes data for 2007 through 2011. For more information regarding Project IDA, please contact Erica Turley.
- Online Learning Management System - Implementation of a statewide learning initiative designed to disseminate information regarding the LS/CMI. This system will be used to provide policy instruction and future courses will allow the ORSP to conduct trainings online.
About the SAC
SAC Spotlight Archive
© 1998-2016, Justice Research and Statistics Association (JRSA). All rights reserved.
720 7th Street NW, Third Floor, Washington, DC 20001
phone: (202) 842-9330
fax: (202) 448-1723
email: For technical issues about the website, contact webmasterjrsa.org
email: For general information, contact cjinfojrsa.org
Notice of Federal Funding and Federal Disclaimer
Contact Us |
Site Map |