The following are the privacy/disclaimer policies for this Web site (all pages starting with www.jrsa.org):
- If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that transmits this information to us via email, we will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends, except for the following instance.
Information submitted via on-line conference registration forms (e.g., name, organizational affiliation, and other contact information) will be used for conference-related documents (e.g., Attendee Listings) distributed in conjunction with these meetings. If indicated on a specific form, information as appropriate will be transmitted to vendors such as hotels when these arrangements are being coordinated through JRSA. This applies to registration forms hosted by the JRSA Web site and for registration forms that are hosted by third-party vendor sites. Otherwise, this information is treated as specified in the preceding paragraph.
- For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and individual Web site visitor information will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
We use Log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. These summary user statistics may be reported to the funding sources supporting various Web site content and services. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Locator (URL) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URL - Anything after the question mark in a URL.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
- Any on-line forms requesting credit card-related information will transmit in a secured manner to JRSA. As an alternative, credit card-related information can be submitted to JRSA via fax or phone message.
- Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution. If monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel.
- The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the Justice Research and Statistics Association.
- References made to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise do not necessarily constitute or imply their endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Justice Research and Statistics Association. The information and statements contained on this server shall not be used for the purposes of advertising, nor to imply the endorsement or recommendation of the Justice Research and Statistics Association.
- With respect to documents available from this server, neither the Justice Research and Statistics Association nor any of its employees make any warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, neither the Justice Research and Statistics Association nor any of its employees assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed; nor do they represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
- Copyright Status - The Justice Research and Statistics Association retains a non-exclusive, irrevocable, and royalty-free license to publish or reproduce these documents for its purposes, or to allow others to do so. These documents may be used for non-commercial, scientific, and educational purposes. Use of the documents available from this server may be protected under U.S. and foreign copyright laws. If you wish to publish or reproduce these documents for commercial purposes, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Individual documents on this server may have different copyright conditions, and that fact will be noted with those documents.