Sustainability Toolkit for Grantors
Require Data Collection and Performance Measurement
- Do you have a formal definition for evidence-based programs and practices? If yes, do you include this definition and/or a list of approved programs and practices in some or all of your solicitations?
- Do you require programs to provide research evidence in support of a program plan as a condition of funding?
- Do you provide incentives in the Request for Proposal (RFP) (e.g., bonus points or preferential review) to encourage programs to include research evidence supporting the program plan or use of evidence based programs and/or practices?
- Is initial funding contingent on programs implementing evidence based programs and/or practices?
- Is multi-year funding contingent on programs implementing evidence based programs and/or practices?
- Do you encourage innovation or a components-based approach to evidenced based program to allow grantees to tailor the program to local needs and/or resources?
- Do you require programs set aside a percentage (e.g., 20%) of their grant budget to be used specifically for evaluation?
- Do you require programs to submit a logic model with their funding request?
- Do you require program performance measures to meet the needs of federal, state, and local reporting requirements?
- Do you require additional program performance measures beyond those required to meet the needs of federal, state, and local reporting requirements (e.g., program specific measures)?
- Do you require programs to submit a detailed data collection plan that identifies appropriate sources for the performance measures?