These video clips are part of NJJEC's OJJDP-sponsored webinar Demystifying Survey Data Collection. Each clip demonstrates a basic data skill such as efficient formatting and summarizing results using descriptive statistics.
- Video 1 - Formula Bar Response Rate (MP4)
Video 1 Script (PDF)
- Video 2 - Averages (MP4)
Video 2 Script (PDF)
- Video 3 - Frequencies and Collapse Categories (MP4)
Video 3 Script (PDF)
- Video 4 - Tabulations (MP4)
Video 4 Script (PDF)
- Video 5 - Pie Chart and Column Graph (MP4)
Video 5 Script (PDF)
- Video 6 - Calculating Change (MP4)
Video 6 Script (PDF)
Understanding Juvenile Justice Evaluation Reports
This narrated slideshow introduces and explains the key concepts in outcome evaluation research. It helps practitioners recognize how to identify well-written evaluation reports, and understand concepts such as treatment and control groups, reliability and validity, and the strengths and weaknesses of different evaluation techniques. This presentation is not intended to assist the viewer with making overall judgments or determinations about specific programs or program types; rather, it provides general information to assist the viewer in reading and understanding research reports.
- Understanding Juvenile Justice Evaluation Reports narration script.pdf
- Understanding Juvenile Justice Evaluation Reports PowerPoint slides.pdf
Hiring and Working with an Evaluator
This narrated slideshow discusses the steps involved in hiring and working with an external program evaluator, and ways program staff can actively participate in the evaluation process. The presentation includes a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of hiring an evaluator, as well as additional resources related to finding and funding an evaluator.
- Hiring and Working with an Evaluator narration script.pdf
- Hiring and Working with an Evaluator PowerPoint slides.pdf
National Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center Web Tutorial
The NJJEC tutorial provides instruction on the basics of performance measurement, evaluation, and evidence-based practices, including how to identify goals and objectives and develop a logic model. The tutorial includes two quizzes for users to test their knowledge of the material.