Darcy has developed a strong set of process and outcome measures for her mentoring program. Even though she is not a professional evaluator, Darcy is able to demonstrate that she has a strong program design and will monitor program implementation carefully to make sure each step is carried out as planned. Even without the assistance of an outside evaluator, she is able to:
- Demonstrate that her program is evidence-based.
- Develop a logic model.
- Develop measures to determine whether a program is meeting its goals and objectives.
- Design data collection forms and procedures.
- Build a database to record data collected.
- Conduct simple data analyses.
- Produce a written report about the successes and failure of her program.