Once her program has been fully implemented and has operated long enough to have an impact, Darcy may want to consider hiring a professional evaluator. If so, she should consult Hiring and Working With An Evaluator, a briefing paper that can be accessed on the NJJEC website.
Resources to help with hiring an outside evaluator include:
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- American Evaluation Association
- American Society of Criminology
- American Psychological Association
- American Sociological Association
Darcy will know a lot about how well the program is being implemented based on the performance measure data she is able to collect. In addition, performance measure data will help Darcy determine when she is ready for an evaluation of her program.