It is important that juvenile justice programs be evaluated for several reasons.
- Evaluation demonstrates whether a program is successful in meeting its goals and objectives.
- Evaluation takes performance measurement a step further by ruling out other explanations for program results.
- Evaluation reveals strengths and weaknesses of a program.
- Evaluation provides an objective assessment of program effectiveness.
- Programs using evaluation to demonstrate accomplishments are more likely to secure future funding.