State Overview - State Summary - State Projects
Available Reports - Sample Data Collection Forms - Available Data - Links
|Domestic Violence Legislation:||Yes (15 VSA § 1101)|
|Additional Data Elements:||No|
|Law Enforcement DV System:||Incident-Based|
|Service Provider DV System:||Summary|
|Service Provider SA System:||Summary|
Vermont's domestic violence statutes do include romantic relationships between same-sex partners. The state is certified to collect incident-based data, and all of the law enforcement agencies in the state report data to the Vermont Department of Public Safety Criminal Information Center. These data are available from the Department's Web site, along with a program that lets users create tables. No additional data elements have been added to what is required by the FBI.
The Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence collects data from the local service providers, who access the system and submit data directly. These data are included in an annual report. The Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services collects information from victims applying for compensation, which is also provided in annual reports. Both agencies provide the reports online.
No current projects.
- Adler, R. (2011). Domestic assault recidivism in Vermont: 2004-2008. Vermont Center for Justice Research.
- Adler, R. and Owen, J. (2011). Relief from abuse orders in Vermont: Case processing 2004-2008. Vermont Center for Justice Research.
- Adler, R., Owen, J., and Wicklund, P. (2011). Domestic case processing in Vermont: 2004-2008. Vermont Center for Justice Research.
- Schlueter, M., Wicklund, P., Adler, R., Owen, J., and Halvorsen, T. (2011). Bennington County Integrated Domestic Violence Docket Project: Outcome evaluation. Vermont Center for Justice Research.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence. (2008). Domestic violence counts 07: Executive summary for Vermont.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence. (2007). Domestic violence counts: Executive summary for Vermont.
- Moroz, K. J. (2005). Understanding the current mental health needs of children experiencing domestic violence in Vermont: Recommendations for enhancing and improving responses. Vermont Department for Children and Families.
- Cranwell, M. R., Kolodinsky, J. M., Anderson, K., and Schmidt, F. E. (2004). Evaluating a domestic violence task force: Methods to strengthen a community collaboration. Journal of Extension, 42(6).
- Allo, J., Richard, J. and Torchia, A. (2004). Vermont's coordinated approach to increase safety for women, children and youth who experience domestic violence. Vermont Department for Children and Families.
- Fitzgerald, A., Richard, J., Torchia, A., and Allo, J. (2004). Civil and criminal responses to children and youth who experience domestic violence: A model policy response for Vermont. Vermont Department for Children and Families.
- Richard, J. (2003). Domestic Violence and Child Maltreatment Advisory Board final report. Vermont Department for Children and Families.
Violence Against Women
Sample Data Collection Forms
The Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services collects information from victims applying for compensation using this form:
Links to State Agencies and Resources