Victim Help Seeking
Asterisks (*) denote publications with Available Data.
Domestic Violence Publications
- Beaulaurier, R. L., Seff, L. R., and Newman, F. L. (2008). Barriers to help-seeking for older women who experience intimate partner violence: A descriptive model. Journal of Women & Aging, 20 (3/4), 231 - 248.
- Beaulaurier, R. L., Seff, L. R., Newman, F. L., and Dunlop, B. D. (2006). Internal barriers to help seeking for middle-aged and older women who experience intimate partner violence. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 17 (3), 53 - 74.
- Cattaneo, L., DeLoveh, H. L. M., and Zweig, J. M. (2008). Sexual assault within intimate partner violence: Impact on helpseeking in a national sample. Journal of Prevention & Intervention in the Community, 36 (1/2), 137 - 153.
- Davies, K., Block, C. R., and Campbell, J. C. (2006). Seeking help from the police: Battered women's decisions and experiences. A Critical Journal of Crime, Law and Society, 20 (1).
- Duncan, M. M., Stayton, C. D. and Hall, C. B. (2000). Police reports on domestic incidents involving intimate partners: Injuries and medical help-seeking. Women & Health, 30 (1), 1 - 13.
- Dunlop, B. D., Beaulaurier, R. L., Seff, L. R., Newman, F. L., Malik, N., and Fuster, M. (2005). Domestic violence against older women: Final technical report. NCJ 212349. Washington, DC: US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice.
- Fugate, M., Landis, L., Riordan, K. A., Naureckas, S., and Engel, B. (2005). Barriers to domestic violence help seeking: Implications for intervention. Violence Against Women: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal, 11 (3), 290-310.
- Grotpeter, J., Menard, S., and Gianola, D. (2008). Intimate partner violence: Justice system response and public health service utilization in a national sample. NCJ 226500. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice.
- Newman, F. L., Seff, L., and Beaulaurier, R. (2010). Testing a model of domestic abuse against elder women and perceived barriers to help-seeking: Comparing victim and non-victim responses. NCJ 231095. Washington, DC: US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice.
- *Brewster, M. P. (2001). Legal help-seeking experiences of former intimate-stalking victims. Criminal Justice Policy Review, 12 (2), 91 - 112.